In the second of our ‘meet the team’ interviews, we focus on the Managing Director of Chisholm & Gamon, Torsten Kasper. With strong community ties in our area and a burning desire for improvement and professionalism in the real estate industry, Torsten is the driver of the Chisholm & Gamon family. Find out more about his influences and passions. Here’s Torsten!
1. What makes Chisholm & Gamon unique, setting you apart from competitors?
We truly believe in caring for our clients – we employ great people that become great professionals. We generate enormous satisfaction from having deal with clients two, three or four times and even in some cases we are now guiding their children.
2. What are your most prized business skills personally?
Love of getting to know people, goal setting and always striving to improve. There is no finish line in self development and company improvement. An ability to disseminate facts and steer a course has been very useful in running the business.
3. How did your lightbulb moment in realising your career come about?
I always knew from the age of 14, having run a young achievers business, that I would own and run a business. My wife states that I skip to work, so I’ve made the right choice in my life decisions.
4. What is your earliest memory?
5. What would your last meal be?
Pavlova and strawberries.
6. What is your best tip for choosing business partners and staff?
Trust, values and a sense of humour. Ask yourself whether this person would react in the right way when the chips are down.
7. What is your favourite sound?
8. Who would you like to invite to dinner?
Ernest Hemingway – he was direct, efficient with his words and loved a red wine.
9. What is something unexpected that has come from your work at Chisholm & Gamon?
The pride and laughter that my team brings me each and every day.